If your students have performed in a holiday concert, give them the opportunity to identify and give examples of their strengths and areas for growth as musical performers and as audience members. There are different ways that they can evaluate their performance.
The teacher could ask the class questions.
- If you were to perform this song again, what would you change and why?
- What parts of the song did you find challenging?
- What parts of the song did you find most interesting to sing? Why?
- Show me 1 finger if you didn’t sing.
- Show me 2 fingers if you sang, but you didn’t try your best.
- Show me 3 fingers if you tried your very best, and sang with your best singing voice.
Use 1 finger, 2 fingers, 3 fingers as a reflective response for many other areas:
Were you a good listener in the concert?
- Did you like the way you performed in the Christmas concert?
- Did you behave well for the substitute teacher yesterday?
- When you were moving, did you try your best?
To view the rest of this article, please click on the link below:
© Denise Gagne. All rights reserved.
See our Musical Plays and Operas.